Monday, April 20, 2009

Gear Of The Gods Pt.4


Yes! Today its Randy Rhoads! He is really in my top three of all time favorites. I spent hours listening to "Tribute", as a kid and as an adult. As a guitar teacher, kids are constantly asking me to show them how to play "Crazy Train" and other songs by him. Rhoads did a lot in his short lifetime. He died in 1982 at the age of 25. Along with Eddie Van Halen, he was considered the most innovative guitarist of his time. He was one of the first to blend a classical influence with heavy metal. He paved the way for players like Yngwie Malmsteen, and Jason Becker. Personally, im still trying to master the guitar solo from "Crazy Train". Its a bitch. But really fun.I recommend checking out the album "Tribute". Its all live and incredible. I have provided a youtube video below for the uninitiated. enjoy!
-Danielelectric

No comments: